We are regularly adding new resources to this page. Check back often.
- Using Superheroes in Counseling and Play Therapy (Amazon link)
- Popular Culture in Counseling, Psychotherapy, and Play-Based Interventions (Amazon link)
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning Skills for Mental Health Professionals: A Popular Culture Casebook Approach (Amazon link)
- Reality Is Broken: Why Games Make Us Better and How They Can Change the World (Amazon link)
- Killing Monsters: Our Children's Need For Fantasy, Heroism, and Make-Believe Violence (Amazon link)
- Max Gamer: Aspie Superhero #1 (Comixology link)
- Comicspedia is an online database of hundreds of individual comic book summaries. Each summary is tagged with psychological themes that can aid in selecting specific books to read with others who identify with those themes, which can lead to stronger relationships.
- SuperBetter helps you achieve your health goals — or recover from an illness or injury — by increasing your personal resilience. Resilience means staying curious, optimistic and motivated even in the face of the toughest challenges.
- Jane McGonigal: The game that can give you 10 extra years of life (YouTube link)